Capture and add expenses via the app
To capture an expense from the app you can use the main screen, clicking on the floating button (at the bottom). When doing so the camera will open and you will be able to capture the expense.
You can also capture a receipt from the Capture ticket/Capture receipt option from the main menu. To display it select the icon with the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. (This menu is accessible from all the screens).
When you have carried out the capture, it will be automatically uploaded. The processing of expenses is composed of the following phases:
- Uploading the expense: This means that the photo you just took is being saved to the Cloud. Once this process begins, we do not allow you to edit these images, to comply with Tax Agency requirements.
- Reading data: During this time the OCR tool transforms the image into text characters and, once it has done so, our ICR technology tells us what information corresponds to the key data of date, supplier and amount. Finally, in cases where 100% success cannot be guaranteed, the expense will undergo a quality review. During the time that this process lasts you can enter the expense and add the custom fields that your admin has established (category, payment method, etc.) and assign it to a draft report, or keep uploading more expenses, and do the categorization later.
- If the expense has been read correctly, and you have not yet done so, it will indicate a "Review data" status so that you can add categories, payment methods and any other custom field that your company requires.
When the expense is checked and complete, you will see the following icon.
How to edit expenses via the app
To edit an expense, it must be available on the list of expenses on our app or inserted in a report in "Draft" or "Rejected" status. You will not be able to edit expenses when they are in a report with "Validation" or "Approved" status.
To edit an expense:
- Enter the app and go to the list of expenses.
- Click on the expense you want to edit.
- Change whatever information you want to from the custom fields.
- Add, if you want, expenses in a draft report.
- When everything has been corrected, click on Save and you will see that the information has been updated.
You can also edit an expense using the Expenses option in the main menu. To display it, select the icon with the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. (This menu is accessible from all the screens).
How to add mileage expenses via the app
You can add a mileage expense from the Mileage option in the main menu. To display it, select the icon with the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. (This menu is accessible from all the screens).
- Add the date of the expense
- Indicate the number of km travelled
- Add the category
- Complete the custom fields that your company requests
- Click on Save Changes
That's it. The system will calculate the final price based on your mileage rate.
How to add allowance expenses through the app
Allowances (expenses with a value predefined by your company) are entered manually; you only have to indicate the corresponding category. If you do not complete the Supplier field, Captio will automatically assign it the same name as the Allowance.
Although it is not necessary, you can attach a receipt to this expense. To do this:
- Click on the button on the top right in a clip shape
- Click on the square with the +
- Select whether you want to upload a photo from your gallery or open the camera to capture it.