For days when you are not travelling, you can use Captio on your computer thanks to our Web version, which is 100% online, accessible from any browser, and with security guaranteed by SSL and HTTPS.
In this article, we'll show you how to:
Add expenses via the website
- How to edit expenses via the website
- How to add mileage expenses via the website
How to add expenses via the website
With a digital certificate (Spain)
First of all, we would like to assure you that our software is approved by the Spanish tax authorities, which is essential for your company to comply with its tax requirements. To be legally valid, the legislation requires the use of systems that "guarantee the authenticity of the origin and integrity of content". When you use our app this is not a problem, since you capture the expense and immediately upload it to the Cloud, where it cannot be modified. However, the same standard cannot be guaranteed when you upload expenses from your computer.
This is why, if your company has contracted certification, you cannot upload receipts. If you still need to add an expense (because, for whatever reason, it does not apply at the fiscal level, and you want to recover it) you can do so through our website:
- Login at login.captio.net to access your account with your information
- Once at the Home tab, you have a direct access to "Create Receipt". If you are already at the panel, click on the "Tickets" tab.
- To add a new expense, click on "Create Receipt" and fill in the information we request from you:
- Date, supplier, total amount and currency that appears on the receipt
- Category: The person responsible for managing Captio will have created certain categories to organise your entire team's expenses. Select the one that best suits the nature of your expense. When choosing a category, the fields that you must fill in may be modified, in accord with the established rules.
- Payment method: You need to tell your company how you have paid for this expense, since, depending on the form of payment, it will be refundable (for example, with cash or your own card) or non-refundable (if you have a company card)
- Comments: You have a free field to add any valuable information.
Without a digital certificate (other countries)
In the event your company does not need expenses to be homologated, payment receipts may be added. In this case the process to follow is as follows:
- Click on the "Import from PC" button
- Choose a file from your computer
- The system will begin to do the automatic reading and will place the expense in the "Captures" tab
How to edit expenses via the website
If you need to make any changes to your expenses, you just have to locate them (for this you can use the advanced filters for date, category and payment method) and click on the "Edit" button that you will see on the right. The expense creation wizard will open again, and you can make the necessary changes.
When can an expense be edited?
You will be able to edit an expense whenever it is in "Pending"; that is, as long as you have not included it in a report, or when you have put it in a report that has not yet been sent. Additionally, depending on how the person who manages Captio has configured it, you may be able to edit an expense when the report has been sent, but not approved.
How to add mileage expenses via the website
Mileage expenses are those arising from the use of your personal vehicle for work reasons. They vary according to the rate stipulated in your company's expense policy.
To add a mileage expense from the website, you just have to:
- Click on the "+ Mileage" button
- Add the date
- Select, if applicable, one of the predefined routes configured by management to calculate the distance.
- If the route is not predefined, you can directly type the distance travelled.
- You can also use the Google Maps integration to automatically calculate the route by entering the departure and destination points. Click on the "Map" in the box on the right, fill in the addresses, click on Calculate, and, if you agree, click on Save.
- Choose a category.
- Select a payment method.
- Click on the Save button